This entry level job gives you the opportunity to learn a trade, even if you don’t have any experience.
As a painters apprentice, you will learn the painting trade with on-the-job and classroom style training.
Full time position assisting in painting and decorating with emphasis in residential repaint. You will perform entry level work in the painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exerior surfaces and structures. You may perform related work as required.
Customer satisfaction is key.
$8.00 – $12.00 depending on experience and skill level.
The painters apprentice assists in all areas of the painting trades, including: applies undercoats and finish coats using the full range of application methods and materials; mixes and matches paints and finishes; performs power washing, preparation, and paint application. Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors, sometimes in inclimate weather.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist journeyman level painters in the preparation of all surfaces interior and exterior, proper phases of preparation and material usage.
- Assist journeyman level painters in the painting of all surfaces interior and exterior, correct coating methods and material use. Assist in brush and roller painting in water base and oil base materials.
- Assist journeyman level painters with wood finishing and refinishing, wood species characteristics, preparation, application of coatings and proper material usage.
- Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers , pumps, etc.
- Safely stores and labels all materials.
- Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
- Reads and understands work orders and safety instructions.
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely
- Perform heavy phisical labor
- Climb ladders and scaffold (Must not be afraid of heights)
- Move and utilize up to a 28’ extension ladder alone for entire work shift (including all sizes of extension and step-type ladders less than 28’)
- Gain access to roofs when necessary
- Erect and work on rolling scaffold for entire work shift
- Carry full 5 gallon container of paint or equivalent weight on stairs
- Wear & use respirators
- Bend and reach while preparing and painting surfaces for entire work shift.
- Follow Instructions
- Work Safely
- Learn Quickly
- Maintain cooperative working relationships
- Demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
- Work in inciment weather. Hot and cold and rain.
No specific prerequisite knowledge of the construction or painting trades is required. However, those with prior knowledge will be given higher priority.
* Construction safety
* Working with ladders
Candidates/incumbents must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below:
High school diploma or GED or equivelent.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs.unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards. Must have reliable transportation (your own vehicle), valid drivers liscense.
All about us (what we can offer you):
Dukes Painting is a fast paced and fast growing contracting company. We work in the Tulsa Metro area and focus entirely on the Residential Repaint Market. That is, we do interior and exterior painting.
We offer good pay, good atmosphere, and full time work. Unlike most paint contractors, you are an employee. You aren’t a sub contractor and we don’t think you should have to be responsible for paying your own taxes at the end of the year or buying your own workers comp insurance or your own work truck. We do things right and treat our people right.
Education: We help train you in the painting trade. Along side our on-the-job training you will also recieve structured education. We also give you the opportunity to pursue any additional subjects you like. We have subscriptions to online training resources that you are free to use however you like.
Best of all, we pay every single week. We don’t think you should be responsible because we couldn’t get paid by the client. That’s our problem, not yours. We pay every friday like clockwork.